The Pros and Cons of working from home….
So some of you have been following me for a while know that I used to work from home full time. Let me be honest with you I miss it so much. I wanted to do an update to the post I made a while back about working from home. I lost the original post when I lost my site. I have learned so much more since then so I wanted to revisit it. I will break this topic down in pros and cons but I will also add some good sites where you can get more info and maybe even start your own work from home business. This Post is NOT SPONSERED. I am not being paid to share any information at all I just get a lot of questions and want to be able to help the saints… Okurrt . Also, this is just my experience with working from home results may vary.
- Working from home saves you the commute back in forth to work in most cases. You also don’t have to get dressed every day for work unless you want to of course.
- You don’t have to deal with work drama
- You get to meet people from all over the world.
- Depending on the company your work for you are able to make your own schedule. It’s great for work-life balance.
- You get your money up from when contracting. ( Now this can be a good or bad thing it really depends on how responsible you are with keeping up with your funds)
- You can work on the go. Depending on the job you get all you need is internet and maybe a phone line.
- Save money on eating out ( I laughed at this because I used to still go to Chick-fil-a on my lunch break back in the day)
- It’s easier to manage multiple streams of income.
- You have to pay your own taxes. The first year I did my own taxes was completely confused….. Too many numbers. ( Keep in mind this is only for position when you are an independent contractor….. you also have the option to do your taxes quarterly as opposed to yearly if it helps)
- Independent Contracting is not always a steady income. There were some weeks where I made great money…. Others where I was broke but God provided and we here!!! This is why it’s important to budget and have multiple streams of income.
- You have to pay out of pocket for Health Insurance. Ugh, this was the worst for me….. I wear contacts and I have PCOS I have to go to the doctor on a regular basis.
- It can get lonely at times. Some days I had to just leave the house for a few mins.
- Building clientele can be challenging at times. People either don’t want to pay or feel like working from home is a scam. Believe me, I used to think the same thing but knowledge is power.
- The startup can be pricey for independent contracting….. There are ways around this. For me personally, I started out under someone else’s business and then once I was able to branch off I did. I am still able to reach out to him if I have questions about certain things and there’s no competition.
Some Great Work from home companies you can make decent money with.
- Amazon Flex
- Kelly Connect
- ACD Direct
** There are others out there but these some that I have used in the past. **
I will also add that I don’t currently work from home. The honest reason is that when I started I was in love with it but eventually I became unmotivated which caused my money to not be where I needed it to be. I will eventually go back to working from home full time…. Soon. When I started my current job, I was under the impression that I would be able to do this during the day and work from home at night but that plan didn’t work out. Which is completely fine it’s back to the drawing board? Right
I hope that post helped you some of you all out. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!!! I’ll be glad to help out. Love yall!!!!